How to apply for a residence permit in Spain?
The issue of obtaining a residence permit is one of the main issues for citizens wishing to associate their future life with the Spanish Kingdom. This is not such a complicated procedure to a large extent. Subject to the fulfilment of requirements list and the provision of the required package of documents, the process of residence permit registration takes no more than three months.
There are several ways to obtain a residence permit, but eventually, real estate acquisition or opening of a personal account in a Spanish bank – a good reason for obtaining a residence permit not only for you, but also for your family. The easiest and fastest way to obtain a residence permit – application of the investor's golden visa. However, it is the most costly, as it requires investment amounting to at least 500000 euros.
There are several types of residence permit card that allow or prohibit employment in Spain:
1. Residence permit with the right to work for yourself (provided for owners of their own business in Spain)
2. Residence permit with the right to work under a contract (for those who had concluded a contract with a Spanish employer)
3. «EU Blue Card» (for highly qualified foreign specialists and their families)
4. Residence permit without the right to work (for owners and tenants of housing, owners of a personal bank account in the amount of not less than 40000 euros if a family has no more than 3 people)
5. Student visa (after 3 years it can be transformed into a residence permit)
6. For family reunification when one of the members already has a residence permit
7. Residence permit in exceptional circumstances (for those who stayed for a long period in Spain without legal grounds, but were able to prove trustworthiness)