Education of children in Spain
The education system in Spain is one of the most progressive and promising sectors and involves 4 levels of education (pre-school, secondary, vocational and higher).
• Preschool educational institutions are intended for children under 6 years old and are distinguished by a good infrastructure and excellent initial training base.
• A certificate of secondary education is considered a prerequisite for all Spaniards from 6 to 16 years. It can be obtained in three types of schools: public (sponsored by the state), half-commercial (sponsored by the church and local authorities), or private (providing the opportunity to study for foreigners).
• Training under the bachilerato program with the aim of entering a university or taking courses to obtain a working specialty.
• Higher education involves training in prestigious professions and obtaining an international diploma.
To enter the educational institution, you must provide the following documents:
- a certificate confirming the presence of a permanent residence in Spain
- copy of birth certificate
- copies of foreign passports of parents and the child
- copy of N.I.E. of parents
- a vaccination list certified by a Spanish pediatrician
- two photos in size 3×4 cm
- application of a standard form